vendredi 11 décembre 2015

Assetto Corsa : the race with Racingfr

Photo d'une course en Catalogne avec une Audi R8 LMS sur Assetto Corsa


If I got a little shaky in the race, I quickly gained confidence because the choices I made, in my cockpit installation as in the car setup, have paid.

The car has indeed performed very well throughout the race, so I could give my all and make similar times to those in the middle of the pack. The setup was so well prepared that, at the end of the run, the car was enough good to fight for another lot of laps. And despite my driving always at the limit and sometimes abrupt. I even had the good idea to take a walk in the sandbox, at the 7th turn. Some will say that I could not stand the pressure, I prefer to put this error to the account of accumulated fatigue and loss of concentration.

But it is true that I was a bit like a mad dog among the other drivers. I wanted to exceed, which I managed to do, even though I had also to concede some places. A real game of musical chairs! This confirmed that passing another car, requires to be prepared, organized. You must build a strategy, hundred meters before the critical point, to be able to win. It is thanks to this that I could overtake a competitor at New Holland before the pit straight line : for the laps that preceded, I observed the way he taked the path, its speed. Personally, I was more comfortable, faster. And I realized that if I went out wide at the 13th turn, I could take enough speed to finish in his exhausts, enjoy the aspiration and thus overtake before Elf. And that's what happened. A great moment.
My only regret was to have to respect the safety instructions: if you are overtaken, slow down and do not get out of the path, in order to let the competitor passing in peace. This is understandable, but in these conditions, impossible to defend its position in hand-to-hand. Oh well ! And I forget the impossibility (native in Assetto Corsa) to use the light calls to put pressure on the cars ahead of you. Pity !

Nonetheless, the 25 laps of the race went at incredible speed! Facing human opponents require you to maintain vigilance (which I don't find in offline) which makes you to forget the time and effort.

After the race, it was very nice to talk with other drivers on what we had lived. This allowed me to understand that simracers of Racingfr have great technical knowledges, and that they are true enthusiasts for all types of racing. I was a bit intimidated. It's always easier to believe that you are the king of the world when you are all alone !

Finally, this race, on Catalunya track, with Assetto Corsa and the Audi R8 LMS, was a great emotion that I went back two days later. Although I have not finished in the top, I learned so much, so lived in 25 laps, about 40 minutes ...

Deeply the next test Online!

The Rookie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire