jeudi 3 décembre 2015

Assetto Cosa : setup of the car before the race

Picture of the Audi R8 LMS on Catalunya Track with Assetto Corsa

With all the technical issues to be resolved in order to participate in the race organized by Racingfr, it was very difficult to prepare the car to get a suitable time. So much so that I thought to give up! Because even for a first participation, I did not want to play the role of mobile chicane and thus impeding other drivers.

Once the adaptation of my cockpit done, I had indeed so little time that I had to take advantage of the practice session that preceded the race.

At this point, the basic settings were already made:
- A fairly short gearbox to promote the rise of the speed,
- A toe in/out reduced on the front and on the rear, in order to not brake the car in a straight line without properly keeping it out in the turns,
- A capacity of 55 liters of gasoline, calculated in order to cover the 25 laps,
- And intermediate tires.

To optimize cornering grip, I also:
- Set the camber all wheels,
- Reduced the ride height at the front and rear,
- Relaxed the front springs,
- Removed any effect of the rear wing.

And yet, I still do not manage to get a decent time. I rode in around 1'48.5 or even 1'49, which put me back on the grid.

Until I understand, by following the other cars, that my problem was the Renault turn. This is where I lost the most time on the entire circuit. I had to find a solution in order to improve my grip. And in the last minutes of the tests I found: it was necessary to reduce the differential power!

I went from 60 to 20%. And that saved me almost two seconds per lap! Incredible ! I can now keep my speed even accelerate gradually without understeering.

I found myself so as to properly turn, starting from the 13th or 14th place on 23.

Phew!

The next episode: not the story of the race, because it's boring, but the significant events and especially what I retain in terms of experience.

The Rookie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire